Jane approaches teaching by first looking at the body as a guide, leading us towards transformation, healing, alignment and wholeness.
After practicing yoga for nearly two decades and studying with teachers around the country, including Seane Corn, Bryan Kest, Sal David Ray, and Jennifer Lynn, Jane received her RYT certification from Wisdom Flow Yoga on Maui. She teaches an Alignment Rich and Meditative Vinyasa Flow, that is a combination of traditional Hatha & Iyengar Yoga. Her classes are for all levels & all bodies. Jane integrates Reiki Healing into her classes, as well as the belief that we each have the innate ability to heal ourselves.
Movement arts inspire her as much as the visual arts. She holds the wisdom gained in her travels, her work as an artist and photographer (JaneBearPhotography.com), and combines them with the intention to serve our global community. For Jane, it is an honor to teach the healing art of Yoga and to channel the gift of Reiki.
• Tuesday's 6p-715p: The Yoga Lodge
• Wednesday's 330p-430p: Kids Yoga @ The Backyard
• Thursday's 6p-7p: The Studio Whidbey
• Friday's 6p-7p: The Studio Whidbey
• Saturday's 1030a-12p: Island Pilates Center
• Private/Semi Private: $65/hour
• Small Group Sessions: $20/person (4+ people)
RETREATS / WORKSHOPS / EVENTS
• September 21, 6-830pm (wine & nibbles to follow) • $50 A Special Yoga journey with Jennifer Lovely & Jane Bear through Sound with Dru Ali ~DJ Hyphen Select
• (sign up below to hear when this next workshop is)Yoga Fundamentals: Alignment and Philosophy of Surya NamaskarThe Sun Salutations are key to Asana Sequence in yoga. In this 2 hour workshop, I will break down each component of Surya Namaskar A & B sequences. We will explore each pose individually with demonstration and hands-on adjustments, then explore how they relate to one another physically and energetically. You will gain practical knowledge of the correct alignment for each individual pose in the Surya Namaskar sequences and develop a feel for how to move smoothly and continuously from one pose to the next while using the appropriate breathing technique. This workshop is valuable for both beginner and established Yogi's and Yogini's who want to become familiar with details of the frequented poses and who want to fine tune their practice.
Reiki is a form of energy healing. We know from the ancient yogis as well as from modern science that everything is energy; our body, thoughts and emotions included. Reiki is the practice of channeling strong, intentional healing energy to assist in the restoration and integration of your body, mind and heart; aligning them with each other and the Universe. When we instinctively place our hands on a wound we are directing focused energy to that place for ease and healing. So we have an instinctive understanding of this potential whether we are aware of it or not.
Reiki is another word for Prana/Manas/Qi/Chi; that all pervading, intelligent force that holds the Universe together and keeps it unfolding and growing. Love. Some of the benefits of Reiki are:
•Offers deep relaxation & release of stress and tension.
•Creates an environment to nurture & restore.
•Dissolves energetic blocks found in the emotional, mental, spiritual and physical bodies.
•Supports the natural balance of Prana/Chi.
Sessions start at $55/hour. During a session I serve as a channel for Reiki energy; inviting it to help and heal where it needs to. I offer a space of deep listening and presence to whatever may present itself. Thank you. I look forward to our meeting.